Friday, June 10, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I remember a time when things had to be extravagant for me to enjoy them. I lived for grandeur! It was never to show off, but rather my personal preference. Now that I am maturing (or just plain ole' getting old as my children wants me to believe), I have learned to slow down and think on the smaller things. I realize as much as one can love their beautiful car or home or clothes, none would be complete without the tiny components that complete it.

Take a few minutes to know that the smaller things can make all the difference in the world. I always hear the elders say, 'if you think that baby toe is good for nothing, hit or drop something on it!'' You will then see that it is just as vital as the rest of your body!!!

Instead of rushing life away trying to get to some self-fulfilling end, take some time to first appreciate you and then appreciate all of those that surround you. I've learned to even appreciate my enemies because they keep me moving forward ( I will get the last laugh :-D). Tell your loved ones that you do indeed love them. Make relationships relevant and discard ill will and negativity. You will live longer!!!! :-)


The next time we enjoy something in its completed state, remember to think about all of the individual contributors that helped make it what it is! Know that all of your family, friends, acquaintances, and even enemies played and intrigal role in making you, you! Enjoy the completed product

Until next time, learn to enjoy your simple pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment